Thursday, July 19, 2012

Taking Our Show On The Road- Day 2 (morning activities)

We were up at 4:30 this morning. The kids were full of energy so we headed to the dinosaur park. We were the only ones there. 






 Then we went to Crazt Horse. There seems to have been a lot of work done since I was there as a kid.
 Captain Awesome loved this genealogy.



 We usually only get postcards for souvenirs. But, when I saw that if you left a free will donation you could take some rocks from the monument I knew we NEEDED them. So we grabbed three rocks (one was way to big....but, the birthday girl was insistent;D) and left ten bucks. Best ten bucks I've spent in a while:D

 Then we went to Mt. Rushmore. It was a lot of fun. But, completely different from what I remember from my childhood. It's making me question my whole reality:/

 Me and the birthday girl. My sweet girl turned 8 today. So we brought cupcakes to Mt. Rushmore.

Then we sang Happy Birthday:) 

Cupcakes! Yummy!





 The hiking trail was a little too much for GH.
 Then we went to Crystal Caverns.









No comments:

Post a Comment