Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cars II at the Drive In

Our first stop was finding a hotel in Norfolk. It was harder than you would think. The kiddos enjoyed jumping on the bed while they sang No more monkeys jumping on the bed. Seems fitting.
 Then we drove to Neigh and found a local school playground to play at.
 It was a great way to burn off some energy after the long car ride.

 Then we stopped and picked up some snacks and washed the car windows at a local gas station. And its a good thing we stopped to pick up a few snacks. The drive in movie theatre was packed and the line at the concessions was huge. Luckily, I also popped some popcorn before we left. So the kids sat back and enjoyed some snacks before the show.



I thought I was well prepared. But, not in comparison to most of the people. They were drinking beer while they grilled ( I was super jealous) and playing ball with their kiddos. So I sat back and enjoyed a Dew and sunflower seeds with the kiddos. Captain Awesome asked me how it was that I can consume that stuff yet I am not a Nascar fan. Well I don't know. I guess I'm complex or something;)

 The kiddos were excited because they had never been to a movie before. I am so happy that we were able to give this little trip to them. Did you know there are only two drive inns left in Nebraska? It's sort of sad when you think about it. I was so happy as we sat there with all these other families. How can a boring old movie theatre be better than this? Oh well, we are living in a changing world. Hopefully, we give our kiddos a lot of these experiences before everything goes to crap;D hahaha
 As it got darker the anticipation grew. Big Dog spotted the North star. And he was very excited. We told him he was going to see even more stars and he got a big smile on his face:) GH was also very excited about the stars. GH also danced and spun around. Then he tried to start a chant with his name. What an attention hog;)
 We didn't stay for the second movie Pirates of the Caribbean Part 4. We went back to the hotel. The next morning I took this photo. GH is a bit obsessed with the Bibles the Gideons leave in hotels. He always refers to them as "my book."

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun. I haven't been to a drive-in in AGES and I want to see both of those movies...maybe the kids would fall asleep after Cars II.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should. They are open every night.

    ReplyDelete