Monday, January 17, 2011

A Rough Day in the Ghetto

Our day started at 2:30am when GH decided to wake up for the day. I should have seen this coming. He had a nap yesterday and the child cannot sleep more than nine hours in a twenty four hour period of time. Next time he gets a crazy idea to take a nap I'll have to go find my pokin' stick:D

Anyway, there was some real drama today. I went out to the garage to get some craft supplies. I couldn't have been gone for more than five minutes. So when I walked through the door and saw both of my boys drenched standing in a small waterfall I was in utter disbelief. We have a bathroom by the top of our staircase. But, it would take m ore than five minutes to flood it so much that it would go down the stairs.

 Here is where the water was coming from.....
 But, it was dry at the top of the staircase. So I went to the basement and turned off the main water valve. Then I called a plumber and our roofer because I've heard of these things happening after the first rain etc when a new roof has been put on.
 Both the plumber and roofer were scouring our house trying to figure out what went wrong. The roofer said there was no way it was a roofing issue. The plumber said there was no way a plumbing issue. Eventually they found a very small plumbing issue that didn't even require new parts. Hooray! So hopefully, that is the end of all that drama.

As if I wasn't traumatized enough from all of that I had another scare. I saw this out of the corner of my eye.
 It's two small Lincoln Logs. But, to a mother who has potty trained a child it looks like poopy. Ahhh the horror! I wonder if I could collect disability for PTSD related to raising small children?

Anyway, things are calmer now. GH is asleep...for a little while:D


  1. Wow! Glad you found the leak. I'm not sure I would have had the presence of mind to turn off the main water valve. Do I even know where ours is...? Hope you have lots of calm days for awhile.

  2. Thanks I hope our days get a bit calmer too.